my Layby is subject to the Privacy Act 1993, which provides for the fair handling of personal information, and which sets standards for the collection, access, storage and use of personal information. We recognise that our customers privacy is important and that they have the right to control it.
How do we collect personal information?
- From you directly, when you provide information over the phone, online or on documentation such as an Order Form or complete a customer survey;
- From other customers who request us to provide goods or services to you, when they provide information over the phone, online or on documentation such as an Order Form;
- From your employer, if you are employed by one of our suppliers or contractors and they provide us with your contact details.
Collecting Personal Information from Our Web Site
my Layby also collects some information from you when you use the my Layby web site. Your use of the facilities and services available through our web site will determine the amount and type of information which we collect about you. Some of this information will not be personal information because it will not reveal your identity. The only personal information which my Layby collects about you when you use our web site is what you tell us about yourself, for example by completing an online form or information you provide to us when you send us an email. We will record your email address if you send us an email.
What Personal Information does my Layby collect?
The personal information that my Layby is most likely to hold is your name and contact details. This does include information regarding, your preferred method of payment and bank account or credit card details. my Layby may also hold other kinds of personal information that you provide as a result of completing a customer survey.
How does my Layby use personal information?
my Layby uses your personal information to assist us in providing our services to you including:
- To deliver your products
- To process payment for your order; and
- For direct marketing purposes.
What personal information does my Layby disclose?
In general my Layby will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others. However, in certain circumstances, my Layby may disclose your personal information to organisations offering goods and services which may be of interest to you for direct marketing purposes. my Layby may disclose your information:
- where my Layby is required by law to disclose information to third parties; or
- to related companies (my Layby is a member of the RB Group Holdings group of companies); or
- in certain circumstances to organizations offering goods and services which my Layby considers may be of interest to you for direct marketing purposes; or
- where my Layby has outsourced functions to third parties contractors for example, mail house, and delivery personnel or hosting servers. In order for us to operate our business we may share your personal information with a contractor. We require our contractors to undertake to comply with the National Privacy Principles. They are also required to sign a confidentiality agreement in relation to any information that is made available to them as a result of their engagement by my Layby; or
- to banks and financial institutions in accordance with your direct debit request.
How accurate is the personal information my Layby holds?
my Layby strives to ensure your personal information is accurate and up to date. If you find any inaccuracies in your personal information, please contact us through one of the contact offices listed below. As an extra measure all customers have the option of having the information in relation to their account protected by a password chosen by them.
How is personal information stored?
my Layby is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information. We use encryption technology, privacy protection controls and restrictions on employee access in order to safeguard your personal information.